[Moin-user] help with tables

Thomas Scofield scofield at calvin.edu
Fri Aug 20 08:53:23 EDT 2010

I did not originally have all those css-type statements included in my table.  The wiki was setup by someone else, and I am taking over as administrator for most issues.  Apparently all tables are being centered automatically, which I did not like the look of.  That's the reason for the <tablestyle = "float: left;">.  The theme being used in the wiki is basically Mandarin (available at the MoinMoin Theme Market), and I found these lines in its style.css file

    /*  margin: 0.5em auto;  */
    margin: 0.5em;    /*  if you don't like centered tables */

(originally the top one was active, and the 2nd one commented) which I hoped would make left-justification of tables the default.  Truth is, I'm not sure if it should or not, as I'm not sure I'm doing the right steps to enact such a change:

  > moin maint cleancache /packages/share/moin/wikis/mywiki/wikiconfig.py
  > sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

But, if these steps are the right ones, I'm not seeing a difference.

Nevertheless, whatever the default placement of tables, it seems there should be commands to override it for a specific table without such drastic effect on the rest of the page.  Do such commands exist, and my <tablestyle = ...> is just the wrong one?

Thanks for the help.

Thomas

Thomas L. Scofield
Associate Professor