[Moin-user] xmlrpc with NTLM and GivenAuth

Mark Scheufele mark.scheufele at diasemi.com
Tue Dec 28 11:04:23 EST 2010

Hi Moin users,

I was able to fix the xmlrpc access to the wiki by changing the process() method of the XmlRpcBase class within c:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\xmlrpc\__init__.py

            if 'xmlrpc' in self.request.cfg.actions_excluded:
                # we do not handle xmlrpc v1 and v2 differently
                response = xmlrpclib.Fault(1, "This moin wiki does not allow xmlrpc method calls.")
            else:
                # overwrite any user there might be, if you need a valid user for
                # xmlrpc, you have to use multicall and getAuthToken / applyAuthToken
                #if the only authMethod is 'given' use the remote_user variable to create user object.
                #In this case no calls to getAuthToken and applyAuthToken are necessary
                if 'given' in request.cfg.auth_methods and len(request.cfg.auth_methods) == 1:
                    auth_username=request.remote_user.split('\\')[-1]
                    u=user.User(request, auth_username=auth_username,
                        auth_method=request.cfg.auth_methods, auth_attribs=('name', 'password'))
                    logging.info("user is %s" % str(u))
                else:
                    u=user.User(request, auth_method='xmlrpc:invalid')
                request.user = u

I know can use the xmlrpc functions against our wiki.

Best Regards,

mark

Dialog Semiconductor GmbH
Neue Str. 95
D-73230 Kirchheim
Managing Director: Dr. Jalal Bagherli
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gregorio Reyes
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Stuttgart: HRB 231181
UST-ID-Nr. DE 811121668

Legal Disclaimer: This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) is confidential and
contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Access
to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.