[Moin-user] Can one set the creation and modify dates of an article?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Wed Feb 10 13:17:03 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 03:47:24PM +0100, R.Bauer wrote:
> Chris G schrieb:

> >> I believe that MoinMoin gets this information from the "edit-log" file
> >> in each page folder.  With direct access to the raw data, you can dummy
> >> up whatever "history" you want.
> >>
> >> You also want to put the same entries in the "edit-log" file for the
> >> whole wiki.
> >>
> > So I want a macro/plugin that allows me to set the information that
> > gets written to the edit-log files.  I don't fancy manipulating them
> > directly as the dates are in 'seconds since 1970-01-01' format by the
> > look of it.
> >

> @DATE@ or @SIG@ at the time you write the article (HelpOnVariables)

I'm very confused by that bit of HelpOnVariables.

The line about @DATE@ says:-

     @DATE@  Current date in the system's format  <<Date(2004-08-30T06:38:05Z)>>  2004-08-30

what's this actually mean?  Does it mean that entering:-

    <<Date(@DATE@)>>

will output the current date at the time of entry?

> A macro showing the first entry of the edit log should not be that
> complicated. As a starting point look at the example of
> http://moinmo.in/MoinAPI/Beispiele#logfile.editlog

Yes, but how can I *set* the first entry of the edit log?

--
Chris Green