[Moin-user] Changes in request object in 1.9.x

Mark Bradford mark at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 21 18:32:08 EST 2010

On 1/20/10 4:58 AM, Thomas Waldmann wrote:

>> I'm trying to udpate to
>> 1.9.1, and for a couple of my wikis, there is some custom authentication
>> code which uses request.getPathinfo and request.getScriptname...
>
> Sometimes an easy way is to grep for the old way in the old moin source
> and then look at the same place in new moin source.

Well, before diving into the source code, let me try describing what I'm
really aiming for, in case there's already a way to do what I want.

The goal is to allow a greater degree of access to people connecting to
the wiki from one of our internal networks.  Specifically, we want
people connecting from the Internet at large to have to log in before
viewing or editing pages, while people connecting from our own office
should be able to view and edit immediately.  Is there any supported way
of getting an IP-address-based equivalent of ACLs?

Thanks!

--
Mark Bradford, NCAR/EOL/CDS/CTM
<mark at ucar.edu>  (303) 497-8169