[Moin-user] Themes

Kai Jaeger kai at aplteam.com
Sat Jan 23 06:25:18 EST 2010

I am flabberghasted, I really am!

I am updating MoinMoin quite frequently, so I am familiar with the
process. However, getting from 1.8.6 to 1.9.1 caused me a
theme-related problem.

I am running a farm with 5 wikis. All of them use (and force to use)
the same theme which got diverted from modern about three years ago.

Sometimes it took me some minutes after an upgrade to work out why ALL
wiki showed up with the default theme instead of my one, but then I
figuered out what has changed and then ALL of them showed up
correctly.

This time it seemed that the theme as such (css and img folders) need
to go into
C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\web\static\htdocs\
now.

After copying my theme into this folder two of my wikis show up
correclty - the other three don't.
Particularly strange because I handle themes only on general level,
not on wiki level.

Advice is very welcome.

Kai