[Moin-user] Upgrading to moin-1.9.x: No module named server.server_wsgi

Frank Lin PIAT fpiat at klabs.be
Sat Jan 23 13:52:42 EST 2010

For whom ever may face this "bug"...

If your webserver refuse to serve wiki content (error 500) and it's log
has some entry like:

> mod_wsgi (pid=11776): Target WSGI script '/var/www/moin.wsgi' cannot be loaded as Python module.
> mod_wsgi (pid=11776): Exception occurred processing WSGI script '/var/www/moin.wsgi'.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/var/www/moin.wsgi", line 4, in <module>
>     from MoinMoin.server.server_wsgi import moinmoinApp
> ImportError: No module named server.server_wsgi

This can typically occur if you forgot to upgrade our local copy of
"moin.wsgi"

To fix this issue, you simply have to update your moin.wsgi file (the
one declared in your webserver configuration !)

Pre moin-1.9:
  from MoinMoin.server.server_wsgi import moinmoinApp
  application = moinmoinApp
New value for moin 1.9:
  from MoinMoin.web.serving import make_application
  application = make_application(shared=True)

Hope this helps,

Franklin
--
Can you master Open-source software? Prove it, write documentation!