[Moin-user] Two beginners questions (template page, data storage)

tizo tizone at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 19:02:35 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 7:06 PM, Yantur von_Bergwacht <
yantur_v_b at operamail.com> wrote:

> Is there any file or page for the moinmoin wiki where I could find help for
> 1. how to setup a template page, and
> 2. whether it's possible to store the data on another disc than the one
> where the wiki is installed, and if so, how to do this?
>
> The reason for the second question is that I am planning to modify the wiki
> data from  different PCs, so it would be desirable for me to store the wiki
> contents on an external hard disc.
>
> Thanks for all help from
>
> Yantur

1- It is very simple, you just have to create a page which name ends in
"Template". Then when you create a new page, you can select the template
page, and the template content is copied to the new template, letting you
editing that (http://moinmo.in/HelpOnTemplates).

2- I don't know, but I guess that you could do that making the data
directory a symbolic link to other directory in another disc.