[Moin-user] Two beginners questions (template page, data storage)

Rick Vanderveer rick.vanderveer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 19:08:20 EDT 2010

1.  Template pages are set up by merely creating a new page ending in
Template, and then calling it from some macro or whatever.  If you look
under my theme, you'll see that I've trivially customized our wiki so that
new pages have a much simpler landing page, and clicking the "create new
page" actually calls a Template with a skeleton of a new page (title, some
example body text, etc).  Scroll to the end of this page:
http://moinmo.in/ThemeMarket/Moniker/ServingSuggestions

2. Yes, it's -possible-, but if on Windows maybe not recommended (on
Windows, the drive letter likes to change, etc).  Maybe better to simply use
the standalone option; put the entire thing on the external drive and carry
the whole thing with you.  Then you can manually copy over the pages/changes
to the real server when ready.