[Moin-user] moin monitor

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Fri Jun 4 01:59:13 EDT 2010

On Fri 28 May 2010 at 03:36:22 PM +0200, Thomas Waldmann wrote:

>> I was wondering if anyone put together a monitor for moin?  Not
>> sure what would be a good comprehensive test, but there are a
>> variety of different things that could go out of order.  I'd like
>> to get something in place but don't want to reinvent the wheel. :)
>
>Well, usually you may just want to monitor it like a web site (and
>monitors for that already exist).

I was thinking a macro that verified functionality of internal
mechanisms and generated a page that a typical http monitor could
check. Specifically for the case of upgrades or server config
changes that can leave static html broken, underlay oddities,
perhaps there are other potential problems like permissions, which
only present themselves in the case of a page edit.

So I was just wondering. If nobody has written a regression, then
the answer, as expected, is no.

Worth noting: while looking at this  I found if I have

    acl_rights_before = u'Super:read,write,delete,revert,admin'
    acl_rights_default = u'User:read,write,revert'
    acl_rights_after = u'All:'

then a page with

#acl All:read

A HEAD request generates: HTTP/1.1 403 FORBIDDEN

even though the GET request returns: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Seems like a bug? moin-1.9.2

-George