[Moin-user] Failed to run moinmoin 1.9.2 with strange 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 error

Jiawei Zhang jiawei.1214 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 21:00:48 EDT 2010

Thomas,

1. my config/wikiconfig.py use utf-8 encoding. The file begin with firstline
"# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-".   server/moin.wsgi use ANSI encoding. The file
begin with firstline "# -*- coding: iso-8859-1 -*-" They encoding settings
all keep unchanged as they are originally. I run MoinMoin v1.91 instance on
another server. The two files on that server keep the same encoding
settings.

2. The MoinMoin installation is fresh and first time on my host. So I didn't
use --force parameter.

Thanks
Gavin