[Moin-user] Special Pages missing in moin 1.9.3?

Jan Kosinski jan.kosinski at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 07:24:18 EDT 2010

On Jun 30, 2010, at 12:47 PM, Thomas Waldmann wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 11:59 +0200, Jan Kosinski wrote:
>> OK, thanks, I overlooked the thing with installing packages. Now, I
>> have all pages.
>>
>> But perhaps I have spoiled my FrontPage and RecentChanges before. When
>> the pages did no exist before installing packages, I created them
>> manually (by adding <<TitleIndex>> to FrontPage <<RecentChanges>>
>> macro to RecentChanges). I guess now they don't look as they would
>> look when installed from the packages ;-) Is there a way to revert
>> them to the default look? Delete pages and reinstall the packages?
>
> Just delete the page. Deletion will affect the page in the data_dir
> ("your" page), and if it is deleted there, it will show you the page
> from underlay.

This works indeed, thanks a lot.

>> BTW. I would suggest the LanguageSetup should be clearer, it really
>> did not catch my eye on LanguageSetup that I need to install packages
>> to get the system pages (skimming the text I thought it is sth only
>> about supporting other languages)
>
> How exactly can it be done clearer? The page is on master19.moinmo.in,
> you can edit there (maybe read EditingOnMoinMaster).

I would do in such a way, that the first page after installation that one visits to make configuration is sort of WikiSetup page. When I saw LanguageSetup title I did not pay attention to the content because I just wanted to use English, and not to care about any language setup ;-) But perhaps it is only me with this problem, others may read more carefully ;-)