[Moin-user] how do I do hostname redirection in a farm?

Ted Stern dodecatheon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 15:21:45 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I currently have a wiki farm located on somehost.someplace.com (for
example), with wikis named like this in farmconfig.py:

    # for multiple wikis, do something like this:
    ("examplewiki",  r"^somehost.somewhere.com/ExampleWiki.*$"),

We are going to be moving the wiki host to another computer, and I
have anticipated this by creating a hostname alias on our local
nameserver that points 'mywikis.somewhere.com' to
'somehost.somewhere.com'.

However, after I change farmconfig.py to point to the new hostname,
anyone going to the old hostname gets an error message.

Is there a simple way to put up a redirection page or something that
will send my users to the correct new URL?

Ted
--
 Frango ut patefaciam -- I break so that I may reveal