[Moin-user] Language setup

Alessandro Dentella sandro at e-den.it
Fri Mar 12 05:40:38 EST 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 09:10:57AM +0100, R.Bauer wrote:
> Alessandro Dentella schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > [I hope I'm always finished stressing this list!]
> >
> > I installed Italian LanguageSetup and I in wikiconfig.py I set:
> >
> >     language_default = 'it'
> >     language_ignore_browser = True
> >

> It it is wsgi, or?

yes, wsgi

> if so do you have after installation touched the moin.wsgi file?

I edited moin.wsgi to extend python path and I'definitely using it

> > nevertheless whe connecting I only see *some* contents in Italian. Missing
> > translation are for example the menu entries (RecentChanges,
> > FindPage...). On the other hand if I set in preferences my language
> > 'italian' I get them translated as well (apart from History and Actions that
> > are not present in the  .po file).
>
> At moinmo.in the language is named italiano. I guess you did above only
> a typo.

ok, you mean when I edit the personal page. But in the conf file I'd say
'it' is the correct setting, 'italiano' would raise an error (KeyError)

> >     language_default = 'it'
> >     language_ignore_browser = True

> > Is there something wrong with my setup? is it a known bug?
>
> If you want to help fixing missing translations:
>
> http://master19.moinmo.in/MoinI18n/it tells
> 867 translated messages, 38 fuzzy translations, 10 untranslated messages.

I'll fix the missing translation, but I don't thik this is the point

> If I set on master19 the language to italiano I see RecentChanges
> translated to Modifiche Recenti.

Again, you're talking about setting in PersonalPage, that works for me
eather. What I don't get right is setting RrecentChanges translated w/o need
to edit the personal settings, just becouse I set it in wikiconfig.py.

[I'm afraid my users will be very unfamiliar with wikies in general (probabily
web in general...) and I'm trying to make it as siple as possible...]

sandro
*:-)

--
Sandro Dentella  *:-)