[Moin-user] How do you develop/deploy a formatter plugin for a specific MIME type?

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Wed May 19 05:05:47 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 11:43 -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> I'm trying to distribute a non-broken version of the text_xml.py
> formatter as a third-party plug-in,

I guess we would also accept a fix for the builtin one. :)
Because it is very broken (non valid xml), I suspect noone can really
use it anyway currently.

But be warned, producing valid xml with the current parser/formatter
infrastructure is likely not easy.

>  but I'm not sure how I register the statement "please use this
> formatter instance for requests with mimetype=text/xml".

It is the module name of the formatter.

mimetype text/xml -> module text_xml

If your project of fixing the text/xml stuff is more future/long-term
oriented than "I want it right now", you could also consider moin2,
which has a quite different infrastructure (but will take quite some
time until it is usable for production).

BTW, if you had time to look at our other xmlish code, that would be
great. We have python-xml dependencies at some places and noone has a
clue about what to do with that without having breakage (and
distributions already have removed the pyxml package).