[Moin-user] user support suite....

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Sat Nov 20 16:54:19 EST 2010

Hello Thomas,

On Sat 20 Nov 2010 at 05:07:23 PM +0100, Thomas Waldmann wrote:
>> Hi all, I hope this is not taken as inappropriate but I am looking
>> for a "forum" software and I wanted the good sense opinion of moin
>> users. :)
>
>Well, I personally dislike forums (and mailing lists), because what one
>gets is a huge pile of mostly useless or even counterproductive or
>clueless posts with some more interesting ones hidden between as a
>needle in the haystack, with usually not much means to do any cleanup.

I agree. Nevertheless....

>> Basically I need something that your typical phpBB user will be
>> able to figure out (not a mailing list) but which is written in
>> python. I don't have any leads.
>
>http://www.pocoo.org/history/#history

to that add...

SilvaForum - sounds ok, looking for a demo
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Products.SilvaForum/0.3.1

dinette - sounds ok, looking for a demo
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/dinette/1.2a

...I'm not looking for a framework framework framework. I find it
odd there is no demo with these apps, only abstractions of the
code function.

I'm leaning toward

OSQA - Perhaps this will serve a forum and ticket system
http://www.osqa.net/

askbot - neat but maybe too complicated?
http://askbot.org/en/questions/

maybe Q&A (support) + wiki is the answer.

>Other than that, try google. :)

One of the more difficult queries.... "python forum"
mostly I get forums for some software project. best
results where from queries on python.org.

-George