[Moin-user] feature request open wiki in controlled world

Eric Johnson eric at tibco.com
Mon Nov 29 12:59:02 EST 2010

Hi George,

My take is that you can solve the problem with the tools you have,
rather than inventing new ones.

For example, one approach we're taking is to have an "official" copy of
a page (tightly restricted via MoinMoin ACLs), and a freely editable
copy.  It is then up to the "owners" of the page to watch the freely
editable copy, and move those changes over according to whatever rules
they establish for themselves.

If you think about what you've described below, it amounts to almost the
same steps - a less privileged member has to click a link to get to the
page that allows "wild" edits, and only members of the the privileged
group can copy materials back to the "official copy".

Even better, though, for people who are just interested in the
"official" copy, they can see the changes over time that were explicitly
accepted by the privileged group, without the noise of piecemeal edits
that may or may not be allowed.  This approach also allows flexible
rules about when materials get copied over (official sign-off at one
extreme, quick daily reviews at another).

-Eric.