[Moin-user] How to import existing Moin content into new Moin server?

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Sun Oct 17 10:07:19 EDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-17 at 13:41 +0100, andy thomas wrote:
> I am completely new to MoinMoin but I have been given the task of setting up a
> new MoinMoin wiki using content from an existing MoinMoin server.

Find out the moin version running on the existing server, see page
SystemInfo.

> succeeded in getting MoinMoin 1.92 up & running

1.9.3 is the current version.

> The archive contains a series of directories under which there are
> subdirectories named 'cache' and 'revisions' plus two files called 'current'
> and 'edit-log'.

Structurally, this sounds correct. But you need to find out from which
moin version that is, because it might need the data migration
procedure.

See also docs/* in the moin download archive.

> I've moved these into ../data/pages as I gues this is the right
> place for them but I can only access folders like 'Recent Changes', 'Find
> Page', etc and not the ones I have added from the archive.

You also should check owner/group/permissions. The running moin process
needs rw (rwx) on the data files (dirs).