[Moin-user] question regarding wiki migration

Mark Scheufele mark.scheufele at diasemi.com
Mon Oct 18 11:40:51 EDT 2010

Hi MoinMoin users,

I am currently working on a script to convert dokuwiki pages to moinmoin
syntax. To develop the script I have used moinmoin in a standalone setup
(local wsgi application by running wikiserver.py).

Within the script I am creating a request object:

from MoinMoin.web.contexts import ScriptContext
request=ScriptCotext()

Afterwards this request object is used to create pages and upload
attachments. After creating the pages within the standalone wiki I
copied all the pages to our production system (same version 1.9.3). But
when I now try to access a page the authentication doesn't work for some
reason.

Here is the error message from the apache log file:

[Mon Oct 18 15:49:10 2010] [error] [client 10.1.26.68] (OS 87)The
parameter is incorrect.  : authentication failure for "/icwiki": user
unknown, reason: cannot generate context

I think the error is related to the fact that in the standalone wiki all
pages have been created under the anonymous account. The production
systems authenticates against our active directory where no anonymous
account exists (just a guess). If that should be the case is there a way
to specify a user when creating the request object?

Or maybe I am completely wrong and it isn't a good idea to just copy
pages between wiki instances?

It would be great if someone could shed some light on my problem.

Many thanks in advance,

mark

Dialog Semiconductor GmbH
Neue Str. 95
D-73230 Kirchheim
Managing Director: Dr. Jalal Bagherli
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gregorio Reyes
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Stuttgart: HRB 231181
UST-ID-Nr. DE 811121668

Legal Disclaimer: This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) is confidential and
contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Access
to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.