[Moin-user] Beginner's guide: Management of MoinMoin wikis

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri Oct 22 08:34:37 EDT 2010

We're happy users of MoinMoin wikis for a long time now, but when I had to
upgrade our MoinMoin version recently, I was quite frustrated about how
difficult it was to find answers to the simplest of questions.  My work with
MoinMoin is just a small corner of what we do, so I consider myself as a
beginner when it comes to MoinMoin (and Python :-).

I documented all the simple steps of installation, configuration and
upgrading MoinMoin on our RedHat Linux server in our wiki.  This is the page:

   https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/it/MoinMoin_Wiki

I'm sure that MoinMoin gurus will find this information trivial, but I bet that
most beginners will find lots of hints here that it would take hours to locate
in http://moinmo.in/ or elsewhere on the web.

I'm offering this "HowTo" information to the web now, hoping that some experts
on MoinMoin would take a little time to review it and offer me information
on how to improve it.  So I welcome comments and suggestions.

Thanks,
Ole

--
Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark