[Moin-user] running wikiserver.py, upgrade from 1.8.4 to 1.9.3

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Tue Oct 26 11:51:41 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 17:25 +0000, Jurriaan wrote:
> I'm running a personal wiki using moinmoin-1.8.4 on a windows 2003
> server.
>
> My data is in moin-1.8.4/data, my python comes from cygwin (version
> 2.6.5). I've not installed anything else (nothing in /usr, for
> example). I just run wikiserver.py to start the server (via a service).
>
> What steps do I have to take to upgrade to 1.9.3?

There is some docs in docs/* in the 1.9.3 download.

> in Rick's guide to upgrading from 1.8 to 1.9, it starts right off with
> installing, chaning moin.wsgi, editing farmconfig.py etc and it just
> seems to assume that the data is in some separate directory.

It sounds like you could just download 1.9.3, unpack it, rename the data
dir contained in it, copy your data dir to that place and then run the
migration script. If you have anything special in your wikiconfig, you
need to manually change/add it to the new wikiconfig before running the
migration.

Afterwards, you'll notice that some important system pages are missing -
visit LanguageSetup and read that page to get them.