[Moin-user] running wikiserver.py, upgrade from 1.8.4 to 1.9.3

R.Bauer rb.proj at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 04:59:04 EDT 2010

Am 27.10.2010 12:38, schrieb jurriaan at rivierenland.xs4all.nl:
> From: Thomas Waldmann <tw-public at gmx.de>
> Date: Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 05:51:41PM +0200
>> On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 17:25 +0000, Jurriaan wrote:
>>> I'm running a personal wiki using moinmoin-1.8.4 on a windows 2003
>>> server.
>>> What steps do I have to take to upgrade to 1.9.3?
>>
>> There is some docs in docs/* in the 1.9.3 download.
>>
>> It sounds like you could just download 1.9.3, unpack it, rename the data
>> dir contained in it, copy your data dir to that place and then run the
>> migration script. If you have anything special in your wikiconfig, you
>> need to manually change/add it to the new wikiconfig before running the
>> migration.
>>
>> Afterwards, you'll notice that some important system pages are missing -
>> visit LanguageSetup and read that page to get them.
>>
> It turns out I had to run python setup.py install in order to be able to
> run the migration script as python data.py. It bothers me a bit that the
> software runs just fine without installing lots of python modules and
> files all over the place, but for an upgrade this is necessary.

Well you also just can call a script by entering its path e.g.

cd moin-1.9.3
MoinMoin/script/moin.py ... migration data

What is data.py for? I don't know it - it is not in our package of moin.

> However, after the upgrade (which provided no output except for 'logging
> configuration read from built in ....) and adding my frontpage to
> wikiconfig.py, I see all my pages but RecentChanges on any page is
> empty.
>
> The LanguageSetup page suggest I may have to install language packs. In
> order to do so, I have to change the wiki config, it says. However, when
> I add a line
>
> superuser = u"Jurriaan"

this must be a list, change it to  superuser = [u"Jurriaan", ]

see pre section "Becoming superuser" of LanguageSetup

> to wikiconfig.py, the wiki doesn't work anymore. All I see on the server
> is ....  "GET / HTTP/1.0" 500 -
>
> Chaning u"Jurriaan" to u'Jurriaan' doesn't help.
>
> removing the line gives me .... "Get / HTTP/1.0" 200 - and the wiki
> works (except for RecentChanges).
>
> All in all, I feel I'm missing something. The older pages are there
> under data/pages/<name>/revisions, they're just not shown.
> Do I need a language pack if I set my language to English in my user
> Settings?

you need it. Because a lot of users had complained that we have
installed in the past always all language packs we decided to give the
decision to the user.
We deliver only one page now. By this page you can install all other
pages. http://moinmo.in/FranklinPiat/UnderstandingLanguagePacks gives a
hint what is in each package listed.

> Are the packages I can install only visible if I am recognized as a
> superuser? At the moment, the page says 'You should see links for each
> supported language' and I don't see any links. It also mentions setting
> language_ignore_browser, but adding a line
>
> language_ignore_browers = True
>
> to wikiconfig.py
>
> doesn't get me RecentChanges.
>
> It must be something with languages, because the logfile mentions
>
> WARNING MoinMoin.Page:1396 The page "MissingPage" could not be found.
> Check your underlay directory setting.

Well you have only the page LanguageSetup by now.

cheers
Reimar