[Moin-user] xmlrpc with GivenAuth

Mark Scheufele mark.scheufele at diasemi.com
Wed Oct 27 06:31:35 EDT 2010

Hi Moin users,

I'd like to use the moin xmlrpc functionality to create pages within my
wiki. My setup is the following:

- windows 7
- IIS with windows authentication (NTLM)
- auth = [GivenAuth(strip_windomain=True,autocreate=1)]

Therefore I think I cannot follow the procedures described here
http://moinmo.in/ReimarBauer/xmlrpc because the authentication does not
work.

My idea is now to generate the required auth_token somehow manually. So
here a few questions:

- what exactly is the contents of the auth_token (cookie?)
- maybe it is possible to authenticate against the wiki using urllib2
and storing the cookie for further usage
  of the xmlrpc calls.

If someone has already tried something along that lines I would
appreciate it to get some hints.

Many thanks in advance,

mark

Dialog Semiconductor GmbH
Neue Str. 95
D-73230 Kirchheim
Managing Director: Dr. Jalal Bagherli
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gregorio Reyes
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Stuttgart: HRB 231181
UST-ID-Nr. DE 811121668

Legal Disclaimer: This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) is confidential and
contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Access
to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.