[Moin-user] running wikiserver.py, upgrade from 1.8.4 to 1.9.3

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Wed Oct 27 06:34:00 EDT 2010

> > this must be a list, change it to  superuser = [u"Jurriaan", ]
> right. I'm so used to reading [ ] as optional this-or-that, that I
> didn't consider entering this literally. Live and learn.

[] is a python list.

> So I'm superuser now. I think there is a reason why this setup won't
> work: if I read various files correctly, the wikiserver.py is meant to
> run on 127.0.0.1, or at least only to recognize superusers on that IP.

Don't confuse DesktopEdition = True with superuser list or with
wikiserver configuration.

If you have your user name in the superuser list, your user is a
superuser, no matter from what IP the request comes in.

But wikiserver.py by default only serves on 127.0.0.1, if you need more,
you need to configure it.

> DesktopEdition mentions 'local users' - however, I do think a hint that
> that means 'only users accessing the desktop edition on 127.0.0.1 can
> become superusers' would be nice.

No, that's not true.