[Moin-user] xmlrpc with GivenAuth

Mark Scheufele mark.scheufele at diasemi.com
Thu Oct 28 05:05:52 EDT 2010

Hi Reimar,

I am using verison 1.9.3

BR,

mark

-----Original Message-----
From: R.Bauer [mailto:rb.proj at gmail.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2010 10:17
To: moin-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Moin-user] xmlrpc with GivenAuth

Am 27.10.2010 12:31, schrieb Mark Scheufele:
> Hi Moin users,
>
> I'd like to use the moin xmlrpc functionality to create pages within
my
> wiki. My setup is the following:
>
> - windows 7
> - IIS with windows authentication (NTLM)
> - auth = [GivenAuth(strip_windomain=True,autocreate=1)]
>
> Therefore I think I cannot follow the procedures described here
> http://moinmo.in/ReimarBauer/xmlrpc because the authentication does
not
> work.
>
> My idea is now to generate the required auth_token somehow manually.
So
> here a few questions:
>
> - what exactly is the contents of the auth_token (cookie?)
> - maybe it is possible to authenticate against the wiki using urllib2
> and storing the cookie for further usage
>   of the xmlrpc calls.
>
> If someone has already tried something along that lines I would
> appreciate it to get some hints.
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> mark

Which moin version do you use?

Reimar

------
Nokia and AT&T present the 2010 Calling All Innovators-North America
contest
Create new apps & games for the Nokia N8 for consumers in  U.S. and
Canada
$10 million total in prizes - $4M cash, 500 devices, nearly $6M in
marketing

http://p.sf.net/sfu/nokia-dev2dev

Dialog Semiconductor GmbH
Neue Str. 95
D-73230 Kirchheim
Managing Director: Dr. Jalal Bagherli
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gregorio Reyes
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Stuttgart: HRB 231181
UST-ID-Nr. DE 811121668

Legal Disclaimer: This e-mail communication (and any attachment/s) is confidential and
contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Access
to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.