[Moin-user] Wiki staging area

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+moin at ijs.si
Thu Sep 23 09:57:10 EDT 2010

(using moin-1.9.3)

I'd like to set up a staging area for a small subset of important
top-level wiki pages (about half a dozen). The intention is to prepare
and experiment with a new version of contents, then when everything
looks alright push the change to its primary location within the
document hierarchy, replacing the old-version of these same documents.

I wonder what would be a suitable and comfortable approach
to implement this.

Two ideas come to mind:

- set up an alternative back-side wiki, register it as an InterWiki,
  and use moin synchronization. This seems to be an overkill for staging
  just a few pages. Is it possible to synchronize from the same wiki???

- prepare the new set of pages (perhaps using templates), giving them
  a unique name, then Include() them from the primary document.
  Switching to a new version would involve replacing the name
  in the Include macro calls.

Any other suggestions?

Having a 'copy' action available (similar to 'rename') could be
useful too.

  Mark