[Moin-user] Moin2 Mercurial Backend

Radomir Dopieralski moinmoin at sheep.art.pl
Tue Apr 26 05:02:51 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 10:45 PM, Lasse Kliemann
<lasse-list-moin-user-2011 at mail.plastictree.net> wrote:
> Moin2 will support a Mercurial storage backend, I have read.
>
> Will this allow users to check out the whole wiki via Mercurial,
> edit pages using their favorite texteditor and then publishing
> them by commit and push? I mean something similar to what Ikiwiki
> does. That would be an *extremely* useful feature.

That was the idea when the work on this backend started, but in the mean time
MoinMoin2 changed a little, and now the content of the items is stored in files
that have random names. So, although you can edit them and commit, finding the
right files may be nontrivial.

--
Radomir Dopieralski, http://sheep.art.pl