[Moin-user] automatic redirect to login page

Rick Vanderveer rick.vanderveer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 20:15:40 EDT 2011

Hey Ted,

I think the best way to do this is to probably set permissions to something
like (wikiconfig.py):

acl_rights_before = u'known:read,write,delete,revert All:'

See http://moinmo.in/HelpOnAccessControlLists for more info.  Also, this may
help http://moinmo.in/HowTo/ManagingAccountCreation, in case that helps.
 You can also customize the error page (I can't recall offhand which one it
is), so that users get a nice error explaining they have to log in, rather
than "you do not have permission to view this page".  I've done this set up
for projects between us and the client (we don't want just anyone being able
to login and view the page).

Finally, I don't know how your set up is, but ours requires all users to be
authenticated, but we do this at that web server level, so users have to
enter in their login before the wiki is even hit.  I happen to run on top of
a Windows server, so I can take advantage of domain authentication (no
special account just for the wiki, any employee can now log in.
Specifically, I do this: http://moinmo.in/HowTo/WindowsDomainAuthentication)

Hopefully this will give you some pointers to get you going in the right
direction...

-Rick