[Moin-user] dump problems (links & extra pages)

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 19 07:11:44 EDT 2011

I'm new to moinmoin and am exploring some features. I'm having trouble
getting moin export dump to work properly.

I'm running the moin that came with Ubuntu 10.04, which says it is
1.9.2, and I'm following the instructions on
<http://moinmo.in/HelpOnMoinCommand/ExportDump>. I've run the command:

 moin --config-dir=/etc/moin \
      --wiki-url=myhost.com/mywiki export dump \
      --target-dir=moin-dump

It has successfully produced a bunch of HTML pages in my target
directory, but I've found two things wrong:

(1) There are too many pages. The wiki page says "The --page parameter
is optional and will dump pages matching the pagename. This may be a
regex to select multiple matching pages. If omitted, the contents of the
entire wiki will be dumped, excluding the underlay pages." But the
command has dumped all the help pages etc. Is there some way to avoid that?

(2) Some of the URLs in the links in the HTML are wrong. Some look like:

but others, including the hyperlinks in the body of the pages, look like:

which is clearly wrong. Have I misconfigured something?

I tried to search the archives, but search.gmane.org doesn't seem to be
working.

Cheers, Dave