[Moin-user] dump problems (links & extra pages)

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 19 10:40:10 EDT 2011

Dave Howorth wrote:
> I'm new to moinmoin and am exploring some features. I'm having trouble
> getting moin export dump to work properly.
>
> (1) There are too many pages. The wiki page says "The --page parameter
> is optional and will dump pages matching the pagename. This may be a
> regex to select multiple matching pages. If omitted, the contents of the
> entire wiki will be dumped, excluding the underlay pages." But the
> command has dumped all the help pages etc. Is there some way to avoid that?

Hmm, dump.py has:

   pages = request.rootpage.getPageList(user='')

whilst Page.py has:

   def getPageList(self, user=None, exists=1, filter=None,
include_underlay=True, return_objects=False):

I'm not a python programmer but I'm guessing that include_underlay=True
means the default is to include underlay pages. So the wiki page is
lying and there doesn't seem to be any obvious means of NOT including
the underlay pages.

Did something change in some previous version that broke this?

Is there a better solution than hacking dump.py?

> (2) Some of the URLs in the links in the HTML are wrong.

I found the bug below. Fixing it solves my problem.
http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinBugs/1.9ExportDump

Cheers, Dave