[Moin-user] WikiBooks and Quiz Software: General Discussion

Ivan F. Villanueva B. ivan at ffii.org
Sun Jul 24 04:33:34 EDT 2011

Hello Neal,

> [wiki for books with math and quiz]

Your project is very interesting to me. Where can I get updates of it? A Twitter account maybe?

For MoinMoin there are latex-plugins, and RST as default syntax works good.
Why don't you like RST-syntax?

You could however probably spare time if you hack your own system. I, for my personal online notes,
hacked a script in Python that generates webpages and pdfs (not finished) out of RST files, see for
instance this page (specially the formulas within it): http://ogai.name/uned/programacion_II/

Note that the math is not ugly graphics like MediaWiki does, but scalable formulas. Increase the
font size to see how the formula also increase (you might need to just install some fonts). I
describe everything here: http://ogai.name/software/gridcms/

Ivan