[Moin-user] Is LDAP auth in desktop mode possible?

R.Bauer rb.proj at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 03:43:51 EST 2011

Am 27.02.2011 09:26, schrieb jlist9:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm evaluating moinmoin for an internal wiki. It's meant to be a simple set up
> in company LAN so I'm thinking to run it in the desktop mode. However, I'm
> having a hard time to make LDAP auth work. I put the code in
> ldap_wikiconfig_snippet
> in moinmoin-1.9.3\wiki\config\wikiconfig.py and restarted server by
> running wikiserver.py,
> it seems to still authenticate again local users. It's not hitting the LDAP
> server at all. Then I move the code snippet to moinmoin-1.9.3\wikiconfig.py
> and restart the server, I get an error in the console (see below for the
> error message.)
>
> So my question is, is it possible to do LDAP auth in desktop mode, and
> if yes, what am I missing?

yes it is.

I would prefer to look at your settings before I guess what is going
wrong. Do you now still have the Desktop Edition wiki ocnfig? Where do
you have inserted the snippet? Did you changed the indenting? How did
you indent?

If you want to get quickly into contact with us, see
http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinChat

cheers
Reimar