[Moin-user] Is LDAP auth in desktop mode possible?

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Thu Mar 3 04:00:22 EST 2011

> option: 24582 value: 0

Talking about numbers is pretty useless, please refer to the symbolic
constants used in the source.

Seems to correspond to:

        (ldap.OPT_X_TLS_REQUIRE_CERT, self.tls_require_cert),

Please check.

BTW, you don't need to comment out the code setting the options, you
could also assign a None value to the one you don't want to set, so
it'll get skipped automatically.

> The code skips the None values. When it tries to set the 0 value,
> the code throws an exception.

Find out which one exactly, find out the symbolic constant name.

> (Maybe it should skip 0s as well?)

No, only None is intended for skipping.

Fixed by: http://hg.moinmo.in/moin/1.9/rev/801b80a1ba7f

> But the bug is not the root cause of the problem. The root cause is setting
> option 24582 value 0 causing an exception. I have no idea what this option
> is or why it fails.

Have a look at the exception it is throwing, you'll see it after the
above patch is applied, maybe str(err) is then giving some more info.