[Moin-user] Server hanging

Donald Bedsole drbedsole at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 10:51:11 EST 2011

Hi folks (first post to the list),

I'm running MoinMoin as a desktop wiki using the builtin server.  I'm
running it on Windows 7, with Python 2.7.1.  I have wikiserver.py as
an automatic startup program, and I have Google Chrome to open the
wiki in a tab when Google Chrome starts.

The problem is that the wikiserver seems to hang at times, and when it
does, the only way I can kill it is to power cycle the machine.  The
Task Manager doesn't work, and even trying to kill it from the command
line as an Administrator doesn't.

It doesn't happen every time, but often enough to be a problem.

I would welcome any help or suggestions.

Thanks.