[Moin-user] Using REMOTE_USER to auto create username

David Noriega tsk133 at my.utsa.edu
Wed Sep 7 18:42:18 EDT 2011

I already have my wiki protected by Apache authentication, but instead
of having two logins, is i possable to login via Apache,and have
moinmoin auto create a user using the given username from Apache?

I read the following:
http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinQuestions/Administration#Can_apache_REMOTE_USER_replace_moinmoin_login.3F
And added that list bit of code to my wikkiconfig.py

from MoinMoin.auth.http import HTTPAuth
auth = [HTTPAuth(autocreate=True)]

I am able to login via Apache and edit the wiki, but the user shows up
as "10" which I assume is just some number. How can I make it use the
username I used to login?

David
--
Personally, I liked the university. They gave us money and facilities,
we didn't have to produce anything! You've never been out of college!