[Moin-user] Very slow page saving caused by notifications

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Apr 15 18:23:25 EDT 2012

On Sunday 15 April 2012 23:12:18 Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Ah, I see there's a similar bug already (with a patch) in
>
> http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinBugs/GetSubscribersSlow
>
> which adds a cache.

I suppose that a cache would perform just as well as a more sophisticated
approach, given that one would effectively be storing the same correspondence
of page to subscriber list in the cache. I think that the patch to user.py is
perhaps less than desirable, though, given that an event handler could
probably do the same work handling UserCreatedEvent and SubscribedToPageEvent
instances. Then again, if you're already patching Page.py, patching another
core module probably isn't too disruptive.

Paul