[Moin-user] Very slow page saving caused by notifications

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Mon Apr 23 09:11:47 EDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 02:27:16PM +0200, Thomas Waldmann wrote:
>all stuff (users, pages, attachments) in moin2 is stored into typed
>items/revisions (which have metadata and data) and metadata and
>(filtered) data gets indexed.
>
>that makes life much easier for the developers as there is less and
>simpler code now.

Cool, I look forwards to seeing it!

>caching
>=======
>sometimes stuff can be accelerated by adding a cache. but if you have a
>cache, you always have to make sure it is consistent with the real data.
>
>i had a quick look at the subscribed users caching patch and I suspect
>that might not be the case there.

Hmmm. It seems to work fine for me in testing, but it's possible that
testing hasn't exercised all paths yet. Any suggestions on where to
check?

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
"I've only once written 'SQL is my bitch' in a comment. But that code