[Moin-user] Print a page in moinmoin

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Apr 26 17:42:52 EDT 2012

On Thursday 26 April 2012 14:28:26 Manfred Lotz wrote:
> Hi there,
> After happily converting my existing wiki to Moinmoin I wanted to print
> a page (unfortunately I didn't test it before).
>
> The problem I'm facing is that the print looks like a print of a
> presentation page. Instead of a single A4 page I got 4 pages in
> landscape.

What are your print settings in your browser?

> I want the text to appear on paper as normal text in A4
> portrait.

The print stylesheets - what the browser uses to format pages for printing -
depend on which theme is being used, but generally they just remove all the
navigation and "furniture" that you usually see around the page content and
only preserve the page text, so you should get a fairly plain printout by
default, but the paper size and orientation are things your browser will be
in control of, not the stylesheet.

> Anything, I can do to get it like I want?

I recommend checking your print settings and verifying that the paper size is
A4, that the output is scaled to 100%, and that you have one page per side.
Firefox is a bit confusing in this respect as you have the print preview
settings and then the actual printer settings. I recommend tuning the preview
to look more or less correct and then verifying that, when choosing to
actually print, you aren't putting more than one page per side or anything
like that.

Paul