[Moin-user] Print a page in moinmoin

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Apr 30 17:21:33 EDT 2012

On Monday 30 April 2012 21:59:40 Manfred Lotz wrote:

> I have to admit I'm really confused, because of the following: For some
> reasons the wiki is synchronized over two laptops. My user settings
> have the same theme sinorca4moin active. If on the one laptop I print
> page SomePage say to pdf the pdf printer shows up: A4 and portrait. The
> printing results in a single A4 page. On the other laptop printing
> SomePage to PDF the settings are: A4 and landscape. If I change it to
> portrait the output PDF has 4 pages. The fonts are big like I had tried
> to print a powerpoint document in portrait.
>
> Hmm, I just found that print preview on the other laptop was set to 200%
> and to landscape. When changing it back to 100% and portrait printing
> works fine now on the second laptop as well.
>
> Although solved now, I'm still confused.

I think printing is pretty confused in the browser - or at least in Firefox -
anyway. I got confused just checking my own settings because I expected to
see all the different settings in the preview, but there's a layer below that
in the print dialogue itself. How they interact is anybody's guess!

My solution is to leave the actual print settings on some kind of sane default
unless I really want to print four pages per side/sheet, and to try and have
things like paper sizes mostly in agreement. I have also in the past printed
to PDF to get something that won't be mysteriously rescaled or reformatted
and then printed that PDF file.

Paul