[Moin-user] Moin

Lars Kruse lists at sumpfralle.de
Mon Aug 27 20:22:32 EDT 2012

Hi Kai,

> Now I keep getting Internal Server Error 500.

It is not easy to guess the reasons for http status 500. Just take a look at
your webserver's error log file (e.g. /var/log/apache2/error.log). You will
find the complete error message at the end of the log.

> Further investigation showed that the reason seems to be that the file
> newaccount.pyc has not been updated. So I deleted the file and
> restarted Apache. Still a 500. Worse: there is no file newaccount.pyc
> anymore!

You do not need to worry about missing pyc files. These files serve merely as a
cache for byte-compiled python code. Python generates these files whenever it
tries to load a python module.
The absence of these files just indicate that the webserver process owner (e.g.
"www-data") does not have the permission to create files in that specific
directory. This is ok.

Hope this helps,
Lars