[Moin-user] Starting the Test Editor

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Jun 11 19:17:45 EDT 2012

On Tuesday 12 June 2012 00:15:19 Dave Hellewell wrote:
> I'm unaware of any shortcuts I can use to start the text editor in raw
> text (or any other mode). To get around this, where pages are long, I
> periodically embed a link similar to:
>
> [[http://myurl/wiki/SomeLenghtyPage?action=edit&editor=text|Edit this
> page]]
>
> This lessens the tedium of having to scroll to the top of the page in
> order to click the "Edit Text" link when maintaining pages.
>
> Are any list members aware of a better way of doing this? Is there a
> shorthand version for the link I'm using, or are there any mechanisms
> that allow shortcuts (key combos etc.) to open the editor?

For long pages, I tend to use Ctrl-Home or Ctrl-End to respectively navigate
to the start or end of the page, and then click on the edit link I expect to
find there. ;-)

You can, of course, split your page into sections (perhaps subpages), include
them in another page (perhaps a parent page), and configure the sections'
Include macros to show edit links for those section pages. See the following
for some ideas:

http://moinmo.in/HelpOnMacros/Include (see editlink)
http://moinmo.in/Bounty/SectionEditing (see the end of the page)

Paul