[Moin-user] Empty directories

Rick Vanderveer rick.vanderveer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 11:16:35 EDT 2012

Hey Kai,

First step:
I seem to recall that this was a bug in an old version of Moin, that a
folder structure would begin to be created before the user authenticated.
All of us got hit with that bug, but it was quickly fixed as I recall. So,
your first step should be to upgrade your Moin!

Second step is clean-up:
I can't remember (I think there might've been) a clean-up script within
Moin that helped clean up those folders (maint cleanpage?  Better wait
until someone else weighs in on that).  Outside of Moin, there are simple
scripts you can do (just make sure to back up your data dir *first*, then
restart moin after running the script).  On linux:

find /path/to/dir -empty -delete

On Windows, there is a utility you can download:
http://simonwai.com/developments/empty_folder_nuker/

-Rick