[Moin-user] Encoding Problem

Stefan Meuser meuser at tedsoft.de
Wed Mar 7 10:48:31 EST 2012

Hi,

in a fresh installation (1.9.4) I see the following somehow strange
problem with some page names:
I goto "Find Page", enter something like "ÜTest" (the first is (c39c)
in UTF-8 (captial U with diaeresis)).
I get the missing page. The title shown there is wrong; it is
(efbfbd3f)Test (which is displayed as non displayable character and a
questionmark) as well as the link. Also the link for create new page
is wrong.
At least chrome shows the "Ü" correct in the URL (wiki/mywiki/ÜTest).

I can create the page and edit it. All characters are correct in the
text editor.
It also works with other characters with diaresis, e.g "üTest" is working fine.
I can see that it is not working for characters between (c391) and
(c39c), why ever... (c390) and (c39d) do work as well as some other
characters I tested.

The installation was originally done on a Win2008 Server, with python
2.7.2 and apache 2.2.22 with an older wiki. In order to exclude
effects from the migration I tested it with a fresh install on Windows
7, python 2.7.2 and apache 2.2.22.
MoinMoin is started as CGI (slow) script.
If I start the standalone server (wikiserver.py), everything works fine.

Did I miss some configuration (apache or MoinMoin)?
At least the apache log looks correct and there are no error messages
in the error.log or the moinmoin log.
Any ideas?

kind regards,

Stefan