[Moin-user] New accounts

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Mon Mar 12 10:49:19 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 08:41:32AM -0400, Chris Freemesser wrote:
>On 3/12/12 6:45 AM, Hugo Gomes wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> 	I'm having problems with bots creating new accounts, Is there any
>> solution to implement only in account creation to solve this problems?
>> Like a captcha system to new accounts?
>
>I'm seeing a similar problem...all of a sudden, bots are creating numerous
>accounts on our wikis.  If Captcha isn't an option, is there any easy way to
>disable account creation or limit it so only certain designated users can
>create new accounts?

I have a patch for recaptcha with moin, used for wiki.debian.org. See

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20110811163911.GF14260%40einval.com&forum_name=moin-user

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'