[Moin-user] An alternative to GetVal or InterWiki?

Ted Stern dodecatheon at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:15:23 EDT 2012

Hi all,

One of my users would like to set up a sort of shortcut for use on one
of the wikis in my farm.

He want's something similar to @VAR@ syntax, but not expanded when the
page is saved.  He intends to use it for very long URLs.  So I suppose
the <<GetVal(WikiDict,VAL)>> syntax would be appropriate, but it
doesn't work inside [[...]] braces.

If I modify our local InterWiki, he can do

  [[VAR:rest/of/path]]

to create links, but then the InterWiki becomes littered with these
links.  Since I share the same InterWiki between farms, that could be
problematic also.

Is there anything set up in MoinMoin to do this?

Ted
--
 Frango ut patefaciam -- I break so that I may reveal