[Moin-user] LDAP authentification and ACL

Jérôme Bove jerome.bove at camptocamp.com
Fri Apr 26 10:07:09 EDT 2013

Hi everyone !
I've managed to get LDAP authentification to work with my MoinMoin
installation by using the following code in Apache configuration:

<Location /wiki1>
  AuthName "Wiki wiki1"
  AuthType Basic
  AuthBasicProvider ldap
  AuthLDAPGroupAttribute memberUid
  AuthLDAPGroupAttributeIsDN off
  AuthLDAPUrl "ldap://
10.27.21.6/dc=ldap,dc=c2c?uid??(|(gidNumber=1029)(sambaSID=*))"
  Require ldap-group cn=dev,ou=Groups,dc=ldap,dc=c2c
  Require ldap-group cn=mapfish,ou=Groups,ou=Externals,dc=ldap,dc=c2c
  Require ldap-group cn=sitev5,ou=Groups,ou=Externals,dc=ldap,dc=c2c
</Location>

I can login with any user from dev, mapfish and sitev5 groups but all users
have read write permissions. What I need is readonly permissions for group
sitev5. I tried to do this
in /var/www/wiki/private/moin-1.9.7/MoinMoin/config/wiki1.py:

    acl_rights_before = u'-sitev5:write,delete,revert'

And nothing changed, I can still edit pages from a user in sitev5 group. So
I tried to use the whole ldap dn:
    acl_rights_before =
u'-cn=sitev5,ou=Groups,ou=Externals,dc=ldap,dc=c2c:write,delete,revert'

But this is exactly the same.

Does anybody have an idea of how I could achieve to have a readonly group ?
No matter for me if it is managed with apache or with moinmoin.

Have a nice weekend,
Jérôme