[Moin-user] Question on moin installing

li yan uuliyan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 08:56:33 EDT 2013

When I invoke moin in CMD window, I keep getting:

'moin' not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

What I have done as follows:

1. Install python 2.7 by installing python2.7.2.msi

2. Install mercurial

3. Install easy_setup, pip, then virtualenv

4. Downloaded moin-2.0 by typing: hg clone
http://bitbucket.org/thomaswaldmann/moin-2.0moin-2.0

5. cd into moin-2.0 directory, and type: quickinstall.bat

6. Type: env\Scripts\activate.bat to active the virtual environment

7. Type: moin

Tested with both 32-bit Windows xp, and 64-bit Windows 7. Same result
both times.

I have tried several times, uninstalling python completely, and
deleting the python27and moin2.0 directory, and completely
reinstalling from scratch, but get the same result each time.