[Moin-user] Recovering Lost Password Without Mail

R.Bauer rb.proj at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 08:05:15 EST 2013

Am 29.01.2013 12:42, schrieb Peter Olsen:
> First, I've still had no luck installing the systems and help pages in moin-1.9.6.  I created a superuser account and went to the LanguageSetup page hoping to see some "install" buttons.   The pages last section is "Understanding Language packs, and the last item is a table showing which packages in which categories are Essential, Optional, and All Priorities.

Search for "install help and system page packages" on the page. Click on
it. If you hace the modernized theme you should see a gear in front of it.
> Second, I need to know how to recover a password, or erase it and replace it, when mail cannot be enabled.

If you are superuser, go to settings, Switch user, select the user,
change the password

If you have access to the cli, see moin ... account resetpw ...

If all that don't help I'll suggest to join #moin on freenode, e.g.
http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinChat

Often you will not get an immediate reply. Just be patient and stay a
while. If you have a flatrate, just don't log out! We are there, but we
are doing other stuff in parallel.

Reimar