[Moin-user] acls

Marcel Sandow marcelsandow at gmx.de
Mon Jul 1 08:10:24 EDT 2013

Hi everybody!

Setting up a new wiki (windows, python2.7.5, moinmoin1.9.7) there are
some difficulties with acls. I have set a superuser, but this user is
not allowed to change page acls until I have created an AdminGroup
including the superuser.

In the wikiconfig I have set:

acl_rights_default = u"AdminGroup:read,write,delete,revert,admin
EditorGroup:read,write,delete,revert All:read"

The result with a page without acls: the member of the editor group are
not allowed to view the page until I set the same rule directly on the
page. It seems that the wikiconfig settings are not properly
interpreted. I think it reads the wikiconfig because when I include a
syntax error I get a corresponding note.

Thanks in advance

Marcel