[Moin-user] acls

Reimar Bauer rb.proj at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 2 13:03:17 EDT 2013

Am 01.07.2013 14:10, schrieb Marcel Sandow:
> Hi everybody!
>
> Setting up a new wiki (windows, python2.7.5, moinmoin1.9.7) there are
> some difficulties with acls. I have set a superuser, but this user is
> not allowed to change page acls until I have created an AdminGroup
> including the superuser.
>
> In the wikiconfig I have set:
>
> acl_rights_default = u"AdminGroup:read,write,delete,revert,admin
> EditorGroup:read,write,delete,revert All:read"
>
> The result with a page without acls: the member of the editor group are
> not allowed to view the page until I set the same rule directly on the
> page. It seems that the wikiconfig settings are not properly
> interpreted. I think it reads the wikiconfig because when I include a
> syntax error I get a corresponding note.

Make sure that you edit your copy of the wikiconfig file of your
instance. On startup the wiki tells which one it uses.

superuser user has some special features e.g. it can su to an other
user, gets a lot more information on SystemInfo.
The superuser has not more access rights to pages than any other user.

There is a page HelpOnSuperUser in your wiki which explains its
functonality.

cheers
Reimar