[Moin-user] Anchor from included files ... not included

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Jul 22 06:03:55 EDT 2013

On Monday 22 July 2013 01:52:19 Emmanuel Mayssat wrote:
> I have a parent wiki page which consists of a series of Include
> directives/macros. Although the text is included correctly, the anchor
> links are not. Is that a feature or a bug?

The Include macro should cause the anchors in the included page to
be "qualified" so that they do not conflict with anchors in the parent page
or other included pages. This happens for headings which are assigned anchors
by Moin automatically, and you can see the result in any page with a table of
contents that is including other pages. For example:

http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/FAQ

See how links are "qualified", here for "How does merging work?" on the
GeneralUsage page:

http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/FAQ#FAQ.2FGeneralUsage.How_does_merging_work.3F

When the GeneralUsage page is displayed normally, there is an
anchor "How_does_merging_work.3F" for the same content.

I would expect to see explicitly defined anchors modified in the same way on
pages that include other pages containing such anchors. Are you certain that
the HTML source has no anchors whatsoever as opposed to "qualified" anchors?

Paul